Adobe Photoshop offers various different options for giving images a faded effect. You can not just only fade two images into one another for giving a blended effect plus you can also fade part of an image by itself. You can also learn about How to Blend Two Different Faces in Photoshop.
Now for fading two images into each other you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the file from File Menu by clicking on Open option.
- The newly opened image will be add in the background layer.
- Now create a new layer above background layer.
- Now you have to load the 2nd image and that image must be in its own layer which is separated from first.
- Now click on the New Layer button in the Layers tab for creating new layer.
- Now copy the 2nd image and then paste it into the new layer.
- Now you need to add a layer mask to the layer containing 2nd image.
- For adding the layer mask you have to click on Add Layer Mask button which is located in Layers tab.
- You can also select Layer>Layer Mask>Reveal All from the menu bar.
- You have to make sure that none of the part of your image has been selected before you create layer mask.
- For deselecting any selections you have you can use Select>Deselect button.
- Now pick the gradient tool from the Tool Palette.
- Now drag the lines with the gradient tool to create fade.
- You can also reposition the two images if required.
- For fading the entire images you need to adjust the opacity level.
One thing should be kept in mind that the higher values will make the selection less transparent and lower values will make it more transparent. Value of 100% will make it a normal photo and the value of 1% will make it completely transparent.